At last, the opportunity to say the phrase: I love his donkey.
It’ll make sense in a minute…
Is my word of the day. Basically it’s a phrase in which the last bit makes you reframe the first bit. The examples on the Wikipedia page are brilliant, and of course feature the master of the genre, Groucho Marx:
- Where there’s a will, I want to be in it.
- The car stopped on a dime, which unfortunately was in a pedestrian’s pocket.
- “If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the precipitate.” â€” Henry J. Tillman
- “Onward he came, and his feet were shod with hisâ€”chilblains.” â€” Aristotle
- “I belong to no organized party. I am a Democrat.” â€” Will Rogers
- “I’ve had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn’t it.” â€” Groucho Marx
- “Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.” â€” Groucho Marx
- “I want to die like my father, quietly, in his sleepâ€”not screaming and terrified like his passengers.” â€” Bob Monkhouse
- “A modest man, who has much to be modest about.” â€” Winston Churchill
- “If you are going through hell, keep going.” â€” Winston Churchill
- “I haven’t slept for ten days, because that would be too long.” â€” Mitch Hedberg
- “I don’t have a girlfriend, I just know a girl who would get really mad if she heard me say that.” Mitch Hedberg
- “Take my wifeâ€”please.” â€” Henny Youngman
- “It has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those other forms that have been tried.” â€” Winston Churchill
- “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing – after they’ve tried everything else.” â€” Winston Churchill
- “I weigh 135 pounds naked, if that scale at the train station is to be believed.” â€” Emo Phillips
- “I’ve never seen him so sad, or ever before.” â€” Scruffy in Futurama
- “If I could say a few words, I would be a better public speaker.” â€” Homer Simpson
Been looking for this for yonks!
A budding (untalented) comedian or complete tool? A couple of years ago I would’ve said the former, but the latter seems more accurate these days.
Dear Pringles: I’ve been a customer for many years, and have always enjoyed and recommended your product. Most recently, I bought three tubes of Pringles – festive themed Texas BBQ at Tesco in a special 50% offer.
This may seem like an odd question, but have the tubes got smaller width wise? I am half-way through the tube and now find myself struggling to fit my hand in to obtain the Pringles. I am having to tip the container and select a portion of them – which often results in breaking and scattering.
As I say, I have always recommended your product but this incident has left a bitter taste.
Click through to read the wonderful reply from Pringles, if it’s to be believed.